Thursday 5 September 2013

On this Teacher's Day (here in India), instead of former President & educationist Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan (in whose memory this days is celebrated here), I would like to dedicate this day and all future 5th Septembers to 10 veterans for whom I have the utmost respect, 10 veterans from whom I & many others have learnt immensely, 10 veterans who have taught us better (& more interestingly) than most of our teachers in school & college, 10 veterans who have enriched lives of many of us with their sublime insights on a wide range of topics, 10 veterans whose profound knowledge, humility and iconoclastic views inspire & motivate many of us.

Here's wishing a very Happy Teacher's day (in no order of preference) to -

Debashish da, Iqbal uncle, Hari da, Jalal da, Manu Singla sir, Uttam sir, Amit sir,Hirday Patwari ji, Narendra Nayak sir & Raj Sudan sir. 

It has been not just a pleasure, but a privilege to be friends with all of you. I highly value all your words of wisdom and cherish every single interaction (be it intellectual or inter-personal) I've had with each one of you. I wish a long and healthy life to all of you so that you continue to illuminate the world and continue to teach me & many other admirers of yours for years to come. 

And if I ever accomplish something marginally noteworthy in my life, apart from my parents, I'll dedicate that achievement to all of you.
1Like ·  · 
  • Debashish Skeptic I must say Sushant, that you fully deserve those sweet words of praise. You are one among the few people of your generation I have seen so far, so enlightened and so sharp (not to mention your power of language). At your age, I was nowhere near your abilities – I must admit.
    [More about it on the 18th  ]
  • Sushant Taing Dada, eloquence/erudition of course enhance our personalities, but IMO, the most likeable traits in people are curiosity, introspection, scientific temper, logical & analytical abilities, forthrightness, empathy & lack of vanity & complacency. And on all those points, you & everyone else that I tagged here, scores much much higher than me & everyone else (celebrity & non-celebrity) that I know.
  • Sushant Taing And to add - Mild -tempered. 
  • Uttam Jogdand Sushant, I dont know how to react/respond on your giving me a place of honour in your life. I am a student of rationalism who turned to this line after reading 'Begone Godmen' of Dr Abraham Kovoor. I found an excellent rationalist on FB in Mr Hirday Patwari (who is also listed by you among your 10 teachers. I will also give him same place in my life). Then I found a young rationaist in you. I love and enjoy whatever you write because you write in excellent english and every argument made by you is rational and logical. Hence, as Hirday ji is my source of learning, I consider you also as my source of learning, though you are younger by age. I always see future of rationalism in you. And I am stunned to see my name in your list of 10. Sushant, you have not only honoured us but you have shown to world how modest/humanist the rationalists are. My best wishes to you. In case you happen to visit area around Kalyan, Maharashtra, my door is alwyas open for you and in case I visit your area, I will be glad to see you! Do your best to spread the rational thought, we are always with you!
    41 minutes ago via mobile · Like · 1
  • Hirday Patwari My gratitude and sincere thanks to both Sushant Taing and Uttam Jogdand for their kind and inspiring words,though i am not sure about myself being some sort of teacher.It will be pertinent to quote here Earnest Hemingway-" “We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.” 
    ― Ernest Hemingway, The Wild Years

No comments:

Post a Comment