Sunday 9 December 2012

SHRIMADBAGHWAT GEETA-CLASSICAL CASE OF HYPERBOLIC SELF GLORIFICATION !
There are as many as 620 out of total 700 verses ,which are directly related with Krishna.It will be relevant to point out here that in his narration,he has used expression 'i' as many as 375 times,one way or other.Some details are as under:-
*aham [i] 77 times.*maam [to me] 76 times.*may [mine or for me] 43 times.*mum [mine] 1
9 times.*mya [i did] 12 times.*mye [in me] 18 times.
There are 33 verses in chapter 10,in which expression 'i' has been used as many as 96 times.It will be very much relevant here to quote translation of 20 related verses of the said chapter :-
20. I am the Self, O Gudâkesha, existent in the heart of all beings; I am the

p. 230

beginning, the middle, and also the end of all beings. 20

21. Of the Adityas, I am Vishnu; of luminaries, the radiant Sun; of the winds, I am Marichi; of the asterisms, the Moon.

22. I am the Sâma-Veda of the Vedas, and Vâsava (Indra) of the gods; of the senses I am Manas, and intelligence in living beings am I.

p. 231

23. And of the Rudras I am Sankara, of the Yakshas and Râkshasas the Lord of wealth (Kuvera), of the Vasus I am Pâvaka, and of mountains, Meru am I.

24. And of priests, O son of Prithâ, know Me the chief, Brihaspati; of generals, I am Skanda; of bodies of water, I am the ocean.

p. 232

25. Of the great Rishis I am Bhrigu; of words I am the one syllable "Om"; of Yajnas I am the Yajna of Japa (silent repetition); of immovable things the Himâlaya. 25

26. Of all trees (I am) the Ashvattha, and Nârada of Deva-Rishis; Chitraratha of Gandharvas am I, and the Muni Kapila of the perfected ones.

p. 233

27. Know Me among horses as Uchchaisshravas, Amrita-born; of lordly elephants Airâvata, and of men the king. 27

28. Of weapons I am the thunderbolt, of cows I am Kâmadhuk; I am the Kandarpa, the cause of offspring; of serpents I am Vâsuki.

p. 234

29. And Ananta of snakes I am, I am Varuna of water-beings; and Aryaman of Pitris I am, I am Yama of controllers.

30. And Prahlâda am I of Diti's progeny, of measure-rs I am Time; and of beasts I am the lord of beasts, and Garuda of birds.

31. Of purifiers I am the wind, Râma

p. 235

of warriors am I; of fishes I am the shark, of streams I am Jâhnavi (the Ganges).

32. Of manifestations I, am the beginning, the middle and also the end; of all knowledge's I am the knowledge of the Self, and Vâda of disputants. 32

p. 236

33. Of letters the letter A am I, and Dvandva of all compounds; I alone am the inexhaustible Time, I the Sustain-er (by dispensing fruits of actions) All-formed. 33

34. And I am the all-seizing Death, and the prosperity of those who are to be prosperous; of the feminine qualities (I am) Fame, Prosperity (or beauty), Inspiration, Memory, Intelligence, Constancy and Forbearance.

p. 237

35. Of Sâmas also I am the Brihat-Sâma, of metres Gâyatri am I; of months I am Mârgashirsha, of seasons the flowery season. 35

36. I am the gambling of the fraudulent, I am the power of the powerful; I am victory, I am effort, I am Sattva of the Sâttvika. 36

p. 238

37. Of the Vrishnis I am Vâsudeva; of the Pândavas, Dhananjaya; and also of the Munis I am Vyâsa; of the sages, Ushanas the sage.

38. Of punishers I am the sceptre; of those who seek to conquer, I am statesmanship; and also of things secret I am silence, and the knowledge of knowers am I.
[Ibid,chapter 10,verse 20-38].

No comments:

Post a Comment